Prepare for Chinese New Year
New Year’s Day has come and gone – or has it?
The lunar-based Chinese New Year begins on February 5, and it’s another chance to bring yourself good luck throughout 2019.
This will be the Year of the Pig, and the pig is an auspicious sign in the Chinese zodiac – it symbolizes wealth!
Chinese people and others in Asia have many new year’s traditions to ensure good luck. Here are a few of them:
- Clean the House in Advance. Tidy up early so you won’t have to clean during the first days of the new year: sweeping and washing early in the year could sweep away and wash away your good luck.
- Visit Your Hairdresser. Chinese people believe in getting a haircut before the new year begins, so why not splurge and get a new style, plus all-over colour, or highlights? Then wait at least a month before getting another trim.
- Go Shopping! If you’re a lady who loves shoes, these words will be music to your ears: the Chinese believe it’s lucky to buy new footwear before the year begins. Wear those trainers or Louboutins after a bath on Chinese New Year’s Eve.
- Deck the Halls with Flowers. For extra good fortune in 2019, add one of these lucky plants to your home: a tangerine tree (in Cantonese, the word “tangerine” sounds like the word for “luck”); pussy willows (the silver of the plant attracts money); cherry blossom branches (especially if you’re hoping for love); or daffodils (the golden colour pulls in wealth).
- Have a Feast. On New Year’s Day, feast upon chicken and fish because, in Cantonese, “chicken” sounds like “luck” and fish sounds like “well off.” Serve them whole, but don’t pick them clean; the leftovers mean you’ll have leftover money at the end of the year.
I wish you all luck and success in the Year of the Pig!
Want information about luck and success via a Tarot card reading? I offer single-card, three-card, and Celtic Cross ten-card readings at various price ranges, all via email. You’ll get a written overview of your personalised reading, plus a detailed explanation of each expressive card. You’ll also receive a photo of your card layout. Click here to receive your Email Tarot reading within the next few days.
And if you’re organising an intimate get-together or a large-scale event, consider adding the excitement of Tarot readings. I’d love to chat with you, so to find out more, please email email@example.com.
I am the Weekend Witch, and I can’t wait to help you meet your destiny!